Click HERE for Unit 6: Take a Stand Site
Learning Targets: Read the teacher feedback about your written argument (in Google Classroom). Make changes to your draft and Request a Regrade. Read an article about Anne Frank in preparation for tomorrow’s assembly.
- Absent Yesterday? Check the blog, renew or Checkout Library Books, complete agenda
- Make-Up: Monitor & Discuss Assessment
- Regrade for Written Argument: Revise based on my feedback. Request a regrade (lower than 3).
- Make-Up Speeches: Dominick, Noah, Jason
- Book Talks Monday 3/19
1) Starter: Golden 10 (Revising Your Argument Draft from Feedback)
Complete today’s weekly work chart. Spend 10 minutes on late work or on To do when you are done.
Most students spend the Golden 10 revising the argument draft from my feedback. To see my comments, click on the assignment titled Argument Draft in Google Classroom.
Notice I have recorded STRENGTHS & STRETCHES. Strengths are what you did well. Stretches are things for you to improve in order to make your argument better.
After you read your feedback, please reply back with a question or comment.
After you revise your draft, complete the Request a Regrade form.
In preparation for tomorrow’s assembly, read the Newsela article assigned to you about Anne Frank. Click HERE for the article. Be sure to sign in with Google.
After you read, complete the writing activity and take the quiz.
3) Debrief & Exit Routine
Homework: Read, Charge Your iPad, Revise Your Argument Draft (Due Thursday), Finish Newsela: Anne Frank (Quiz and Write)