Click HERE for Unit 7: Poetry Workshop HyperDoc
Learning Targets: Read. Update your reading log (track your progress). Polish your poem for publication.
- Absent Yesterday? Read the blog. Reading Ladder Reflection and MARK AS DONE
- April SBAC Testing & practice
- Keep on Reading!
1) Read and Update #BookLove Reading Log
Read for 15 minutes and update this week’s reading log. Click
EXAMPLE for 3/23
Proofread your #029 Quarter 3 Reading Ladder Reflection. Be sure to include at least one of the Potential Goals for Readers. Make sure you MARK AS DONE in Google Classroom.
Participate in Book Talks. If you are listening, write books titles on your My Next Reads list in Notes.
2) Minilesson: Polish Your Poem
ANALYZING CRAFT: Study the my example for the #VisiblePoem publication. What do you notice?
Use the example (or mentor text) to proofread and polish your own poem.
3) Workshop Time
Here are your priorities for today’s workshop time. Please MARK AS DONE in Google Classroom as you finish each one.
Homework: Read, Charge iPad
Goal: Complete a final proofread. Turn in your draft.
- DUE TODAY: Revise and Publish (Steps 1 – 4)
- Missing / Incomplete Work (Narratives, Flocabulary: Using Descriptive Language, Reading Log): Send a message via NEO or email or if the assignment has been graded, complete the Request a Regrade form (upper right).
- Absent Yesterday? Revise and Publish in 5 Steps
- New Seats Today
1) Get Organized
- Take out English folder with Revise and Publish in 5 Steps.
- Make sure Sensory Detail Words handout is secured in the brads. You will need this later.
- Open your Narrative draft in Google Drive.
2) Final Proofread
Reread the directions for Revise and Publish Step 4. Complete one last final proofread before you publish this draft. It must be as error free as possible.
3) Publish Your Narrative to NEO & Write a 2-Sentence Reflection
Watch this video with the steps for turning in your narrative:
Before you press Save and Submit, write a two-sentence reflection with one strength and one “stretch”:
- One thing I did well is…
- I am still working on… / I am confused about…
4) PAT Time
Homework: Read (Bring Book Tomorrow). Charge iPad. LATE: Narrative / Flocabulary