Goal: Add a theme to the story spine you wrote yesterday. Practice dialogue quotes and colon quotes in order to include them in your narratives.
- Overdue Library Books: Please return or renew your book today. If you don’t have it with you, write a note in your agenda to bring it back.
- All work from last week is graded. If you need me to regrade an assignment, please use the Request a Regrade form (tab upper right).
- If you were absent yesterday, click the Assignment Calendar (right sidebar) to write this week’s assignments in your agenda. Read yesterday’s blog and complete each activity.
- Share English 7 folder with email@example.com (1 person left!)
- Make sure English assignments are inside the folder! (3 people are missing either the English Journal or We Are All Storytellers)
- REMINDER: Do not turn in to Google Classroom. Just make sure the Doc in in your English 7 folder.
1) Story Structure: Revise Ex. 1 Part C
- Go to Drive and open your Story Structure Doc.
- Review exercise 1, Part C. Revise and edit.
TEACHER EXAMPLE: Ex. 1, Part C
2) Story Structure Ex. 2: THEME
- After you watch the video, work on Ex. 2 Parts A, B, & C.
TEACHER EXAMPLE: EX. 2, PART C
3) No Red Ink Assignment #2: Dialogue Quotes and Flow Quotes
- Log in to noredink.com. Make sure you log in with Google.
- Press the Home tab to see your assignments. If you have late assignments, complete them first (see below).
- If you finish early, press Practice to work on mastery of another topic.
Homework: Finish Story Structure Ex. 2, Read, Charge iPad
Goals: Read. Respond to a short video about learning. Use Pixar’s story spine to write a narrative.
- If you did not finish the learning log from Friday, please finish it today. I will not regrade after today.
- No weekly pages this week or next week. Concentrate on writing your narrative.
- Google Classroom Update: You will still use the app to GET assignments. Just don’t use the turn in feature.
2) Record this week’s assignments in your agenda.
Click HERE or click the Assignment Calendar in the right sidebar.
3) Motivational Monday: Everyone Can Learn
Pair Share: Respond to the video with one of the following cognitive strategies:
- Summarizing: The key information is…
- Reflecting & Relating: A conclusion I’m drawing is… OR The big idea is…
4) Story Structure by Pixar & Kahn Academy (Ex. 1)
- After watching the video, open the assignment in Google Classroom (click HERE.)
- Type your answers on Google Docs, not the PDF version.
- DO NOT TURN IN GOOGLE CLASSROOM. There is a glitch. Don’t worry, I can still see your work.
- Finish Exercise 1 today.
Homework: Story Structure Ex. 1,Read, Charge iPad, Revise Learning Log if Needed
Goal: Express a memory and emotion verbally, in writing, and visually.
Click HERE to open the assignment calendar (or look on right sidebar). Write the assignments for Sept. 25 to Sept. 29 in your agenda.
- Tomorrow Ms. Cabrera is visiting. You will also have a substitute.
- Please use Drive to access your assignments
- Absent Friday? Make sure your reading log is filled out and turned in to Google Classroom. Complete “What Do Fish…” and turn in to Google Classroom.
3. Motivational Monday (Thank you, Ms. Ferrer)
- Analyzing Craft: What golden lines did you hear?
- Forming Interpretations: Why do you think Ms. McMillan showed you this?
4. We Are All Storytellers: Expressing Memories (L. 1 Ex. 2)
Teacher’s Note: This unit is based on a collaboration between Khan Academy and Pixar. You can find the whole lesson here: The Art of Storytelling
Planning and Goal Setting
First, watch Pixar’s introduction video:
Next, open Google Classroom and find the assignment that begins with the title We are All Storytellers (L1) or click HERE.
Take a moment to write the lessons’s learning goals in your own words.
Exercise 1: Expressing Memories
Complete the activities on your We are All Storytellers (L1) in Google Drive.
Exercise 1: Expressing Memories is due tomorrow.
Homework: Complete Storytelling Ex. 1, Read, Charge Your iPad