Goal: Complete a final proofread. Turn in your draft.
- DUE TODAY: Revise and Publish (Steps 1 – 4)
- Missing / Incomplete Work (Narratives, Flocabulary: Using Descriptive Language, Reading Log): Send a message via NEO or email or if the assignment has been graded, complete the Request a Regrade form (upper right).
- Absent Yesterday? Revise and Publish in 5 Steps
- New Seats Today
1) Get Organized
- Take out English folder with Revise and Publish in 5 Steps.
- Make sure Sensory Detail Words handout is secured in the brads. You will need this later.
- Open your Narrative draft in Google Drive.
2) Final Proofread
Reread the directions for Revise and Publish Step 4. Complete one last final proofread before you publish this draft. It must be as error free as possible.
3) Publish Your Narrative to NEO & Write a 2-Sentence Reflection
Watch this video with the steps for turning in your narrative:
Before you press Save and Submit, write a two-sentence reflection with one strength and one “stretch”:
- One thing I did well is…
- I am still working on… / I am confused about…
4) PAT Time
Homework: Read (Bring Book Tomorrow). Charge iPad. LATE: Narrative / Flocabulary
Goal: Check your grades in all of your classes. Note missing assignments so you can complete them and turn them in.
Click HERE or the Assignment Calendar on the right sidebar to get the revised calendar for the week.
Tech Tutorial #1: NEO
Click HERE for a Google Doc of the Tech Tutorial.
Homework: Read 30 Minutes Daily. Finish checking grades (if needed)
1) Complete the Starter Tasks
Take out the signed portion of the Letter to Parents, Caregivers, and Guardians. Make sure you have printed your first and last name on the slip of paper. Put your signed paper into the Completed Work basket.
Copy this week’s assignments in your agenda: Click HERE for the assignment calendar.
2) Enroll in NEO
Next, click HERE for directions on How to Access NEO. We are the first class of the year to try the procedure, so we may have a few bumps as we try it out. Thank you for being willing to go first.
For video tutorials, click the following links:
3) If You finish Early,
Try playing the game Free Rice. For each answer you get right, they donate 10 grains of rice to the United Nations World Food Program.
Homework: If we successfully enrolled in NEO, invite your parents. Click HERE and scroll to page 2 for directions.