Goals: Read. Start the first draft of you narrative.
- Absent Friday? Update your reading log. Finish your storyboard. Finish No Red Ink Assignments 1 and 2. Take No Red Ink Quiz.
- Quarter Ends Friday: Reading Ladder Reflection (Assessment) Due, All Late Work Due
- Substitute Tomorrow: Finish Narrative. Good Report = PAT Time Friday
1) Reading Workshop
Copy this week’s assignments in your agenda. For the month view, click HERE.
3) Motivational Monday
Watch the GVJH promotional video. Think about how you connect to the text.
Share your connection with a partner. Use the following sentence stems to help you get started.
- I can relate to the part where…
- I experienced something similar when…
- This reminds me of…
4) Writing Workshop
Draft Your Narrative
- First, make sure your storyboard is complete and uploaded to Google Drive. Click HERE for a video tutorial.
- Next, go to Google Classroom and open the Draft Your Narrative assignment (click HERE).
- Read the narrative prompt. Highlight key words.
- Start typing. Use your storyboard to help you.
Homework: Read. Charge your iPad. Draft Narrative (1/2). Late Work (Storyboard, No Red Ink)
Goals: Read. Respond to a short video about learning. Use Pixar’s story spine to write a narrative.
- If you did not finish the learning log from Friday, please finish it today. I will not regrade after today.
- No weekly pages this week or next week. Concentrate on writing your narrative.
- Google Classroom Update: You will still use the app to GET assignments. Just don’t use the turn in feature.
2) Record this week’s assignments in your agenda.
Click HERE or click the Assignment Calendar in the right sidebar.
3) Motivational Monday: Everyone Can Learn
Pair Share: Respond to the video with one of the following cognitive strategies:
- Summarizing: The key information is…
- Reflecting & Relating: A conclusion I’m drawing is… OR The big idea is…
4) Story Structure by Pixar & Kahn Academy (Ex. 1)
- After watching the video, open the assignment in Google Classroom (click HERE.)
- Type your answers on Google Docs, not the PDF version.
- DO NOT TURN IN GOOGLE CLASSROOM. There is a glitch. Don’t worry, I can still see your work.
- Finish Exercise 1 today.
Homework: Story Structure Ex. 1,Read, Charge iPad, Revise Learning Log if Needed
Goals: Read. Think of three favorite films and respond using the following cognitive strategies: evaluating, making connections, and reflecting and relating.
- Check NEO grade. If you are missing an assignment, please complete it and send an email or NEO message to me.
- Absent Friday? Update #BookLove reading log & Share with Ms. McMillan, Complete We Are Storytellers Ex. 2, Part A
- Complete the No Red Ink Diagnostic assignment (if you have not).
- Tech Tip: Download YouTube app and sign in with your school Google account. If needed, press your account profile and Settings. Press Filter to make sure you are on “restricted access.”
2) Agenda & Announcements
Click HERE or click on the assignment calendar in the right sidebar. Write this week’s assignments in your GVJH agenda.
3) Motivational Monday
Watch this video from Pixar story creators.
Use the cognitive reflecting and relating to respond to the video (think / pair / share).
4) We Are All Storytellers Ex. 2
- Go to Google Drive.
- Open We Are All Storytellers and scroll to Ex. 2.
- Reread what you completed on Friday. Make sure you have answered each question thoroughly.
- Use the cognitive strategies listed to compose your responses. Click HERE for all strategies and sentence starters.
5) If you finish early, move on to We Are All Storytellers Ex. 3 exercise 3
Goal: Express a memory and emotion verbally, in writing, and visually.
Click HERE to open the assignment calendar (or look on right sidebar). Write the assignments for Sept. 25 to Sept. 29 in your agenda.
- Tomorrow Ms. Cabrera is visiting. You will also have a substitute.
- Please use Drive to access your assignments
- Absent Friday? Make sure your reading log is filled out and turned in to Google Classroom. Complete “What Do Fish…” and turn in to Google Classroom.
3. Motivational Monday (Thank you, Ms. Ferrer)
- Analyzing Craft: What golden lines did you hear?
- Forming Interpretations: Why do you think Ms. McMillan showed you this?
4. We Are All Storytellers: Expressing Memories (L. 1 Ex. 2)
Teacher’s Note: This unit is based on a collaboration between Khan Academy and Pixar. You can find the whole lesson here: The Art of Storytelling
Planning and Goal Setting
First, watch Pixar’s introduction video:
Next, open Google Classroom and find the assignment that begins with the title We are All Storytellers (L1) or click HERE.
Take a moment to write the lessons’s learning goals in your own words.
Exercise 1: Expressing Memories
Complete the activities on your We are All Storytellers (L1) in Google Drive.
Exercise 1: Expressing Memories is due tomorrow.
Homework: Complete Storytelling Ex. 1, Read, Charge Your iPad