Goals: Read and keep track of progress. Practice editing dialogue, and show what you learned on the first quiz. Reflect on what you learned this week in your English Journal.
- If your Story Structure Doc is not complete, please finish it and Request a Regrade. This is an assessment grade.
- The quarter ends in one week. Keep track of the pages you’ve read because you need that for your final reading assessment.
- When you finish a Google Doc assignment, always make sure it is in your English 7 Folder and shared with email@example.com. Otherwise I can’t see it!
Reading & Writing Workshop
1) Read & Update #BookLove Reading Log
Click HERE for how to give a book talk.
2) Polish your storyboard:
- Proofread the captions. Add capitals and periods.
- Add at least two transitions (for anchor chart click HERE).
- Make sure you have added details to the whole square. Show the setting (time and place).
3) Photograph your storyboard and upload it to your English folder in Google Drive.
Rename the file(s): Period Last Name First Name Storyboard
4) No Red Ink: Dialogue
- Assignment 1
- Assignment 2
- Quiz 1
5) What to Do When You Are Done… See ideas on the right sidebar.
Homework: Read. Charge your iPad. Complete late work (storyboard, story structure, no red ink)
Goals: Read. Keep track of your reading progress. Share your character & world idea. Summarize and reflect on your learning about “The Art of Storytelling” and Dialogue or Flow quotes.
- You should be 100% done with “We Are All Storytellers.” If you finish late, please complete the request a regrade form (tab on the upper right).
- You should be 100% done with No Red Ink Assignment #1. If you finish late, please complete the request a regrade form (tab on the upper right).
- DO NOT TURN IN ASSIGNMENTS TO GOOGLE CLASSROOM (UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE). Just make sure they are in your English 7 / Google Drive folder which is shared with firstname.lastname@example.org.
2) #BookLove Reading Log
- Open your #BookLove Reading Log in Google Drive. Make sure the best reading log is in your English 7 folder. Remove old versions.
- Update your reading for today (10/6).
- Press share to make sure it has been shared with email@example.com.
- If you finish a book complete the blue shaded section. Otherwise, leave it blank.
3) Share Best “What If” from We Are All Storytellers, Ex. 4
- Open We Are All Storytellers Doc. Scroll to Exercise 4, Part C.
- Read over your What If? story idea and revise if needed.
- Share your idea with your small group.
4) Learning Log–English Journal
- Review your learning for the week. This includes “We Are All Storytellers” and No Red Ink: Dialogue and Flow Quotes.
- In your English Journal, summarize and reflect on what you learned this week.
- REMINDERS: Start on the top of your English Journal Doc. Type the date (left) and title (center).
- Use at least two cognitive strategies:
EXAMPLE LEARNING LOG
Homework: Read. Charge iPad. Bring earbuds.