Goals: Read. Track progress. Participate in book talks. Complete your instruction guide to happiness and publish.
- Absent Yesterday? Add Evidence to Your Instruction Guide. Create Your Final Draft.
- Today’s reading log should show two weeks’ worth of reading.
- Read 30 minutes daily every day over break. You will
- We start reading The Outsiders on Tuesday after Thanksgiving Break.
Open you #BookLove Reading Log in Google Drive. Track your reading progress for this week. Estimate your reading from last week. See the teacher example below:
3) Book Talks
As you listen, keep track of what you hear on your Next Reads list (in Notes). Sign up for a book talk (right sidebar).
Click HERE to go to the How to Be Happy When… assignment in Google Classroom.
Follow the roadmap to—
- Create Your Instruction Guide from the template
- Add images
- Revise & Proofread
Click HERE to open the example in Google Docs.
5) Finished? Check “What to Do When You Are Done”
Homework: Read 30 minutes daily. Charge iPad.
Goals: Read. Track progress. Participate in book talks. Read the prompt for the explanatory writing task. Brainstorm writing ideas.
- Absent Thursday? Happiness Graphic Organizer in Google Classroom
- If you did not finish the graphic organizer, please finish it for partial credit.
2) Book Talks
- As you listen, keep track of what you hear on your Next Reads list (in Notes).
- Sign up for a book talk (right sidebar).
Copy this week’s assignments in your GV agenda. You can see the full month by clicking Assignment Calendar in the right sidebar.
- Click HERE to go to the How to Be Happy When… assignment in Google Classroom.
- Follow the roadmap to—
- Read the Prompt
- Read the sample by Ms. Ferrer
- Brainstorm ideas on a Google Form.
- Read your classmates’ ideas.
- Click HERE to find the Happiness Graphic Organizer in Google Classroom. You need 5 details (left column) and 5 explanations (right column).
- Start drafting your guide in your English Journal.
Homework: Read. Bring book Monday. Charge iPad. (Late) Happiness Graphic Organizer