Goals: Read chapters 9 and 10. Complete at least 10 close reading responses. Read and respond to one Newsela nonfiction article or get started with capitalization on No Red Ink
- If you are finished reading The Outsiders, be sure you have another book to read. Reading Logs are still turned in in Fridays.
- To work ahead on The Outsiders unit, visit the website: bit.ly/staygoldGV
Click HERE to see find the starter in Google Classroom. On the Google form, answer the following questions.
Reread the poem “Nothing Gold Can Stay” on p. 77 of The Outsiders. What does it mean when the poet ways, “Nothing Gold Can Stay”? If you need a way to start, try—
- AT FIRST I THOUGHT___, BUT NOW I THINK…
- MY LATEST THOUGHT ON THIS IS…
Some students started reading The Outsiders nonfiction on Newsela yesterday. However, many need to follow the instructions more carefully. For each article you are required to—
- Read and annotate with cognitive strategies
- Write to the prompt
- Complete the quiz
Before workshop today, let’s go through the steps with one of the assigned articles. Use the presentation below to go through the steps.
4) Workshop Time
5) Exit Ticket