Goal: Summarize an opinion article in four different ways: 1) image, 2) slogan or bumper sticker, 3) concise 25 words, and 4) 100 words with source citation
- Due Today: Weekly Pages 10
- Book Talks Tomorrow
Go to Google Classroom and open today’s starter. When you finish, click See Previous Responses. Be prepared to share your own response or someone else’s.
THURSDAY (SUMMARIZING): Summarize the basic gist of the Newsela article we read this week: “Bullying Is Still Generally Accepted or Defended In Kids Sports.” If you need a way to start try this: The basic gist of the article is…
2) Mini-lesson: Expanding Summary
Click HERE to open the Unit 5: What Makes a Good Argument? Scroll to Expanding Summary #2:
Click HERE for today’s slides about how to write an expanding summary.
3) Workshop Time: Unit 5: What Makes a Good Argument?
Click HERE to open the Unit 5 HyperDoc.
Your goal is to complete Expanding Summary #2 by the end of the class period.
If you finish early—
- Complete all activities for Newsela articles #1, #2, and #3.
- Complete Weekly Pages 10.
- Choose from What to Do When You Are Done.