Blank Table of Contents: Use this to keep assignments organized.
For Thinking, Reading, Writing, and Speaking:
- Cognitive Strategies: Use to help you think through your reading and writing.
- Read Around Groups (RAGs): Students will use this protocol to work out the criteria for the best writing in the genre.
- The Writing Process (from BrainPOP): Login: msmcmillanenglish7 Password: mariners
- Quotations on Revision (from Goodreads): Respond to one or more using cognitive strategies.
- Example Essay: Learning Friendship
- Respond as a writer. Write 2 comments: I like… One idea I have is…
- Analyze with color. Shade the following: yellow = summary, green = textual evidence, blue = explanation or commentary.
- Learning Friendship Essay with Revision: What do you notice? Write your observations.
- Language Study
- Editing Checklist and Self-Assessment: Score your own essay and write two specific reasons why you think you will earn that score.
- Library Visit: Genres of Prose
- Best of the Writer’s Notebook Assignment and E-Book Template: Submission Due 1/22
- Peer Response Sheet: Use this document to get helpful feedback from classmates and other interested writers.
- Twitter Exit Slip
- Scholastic Scope January 2015 Password: GVEnglish 7 and Explanatory Handout
Ongoing Homework Assignments
- Read 30 Minutes Daily: Quarter Reflection and Books I’ve Finished Due 1/23
- Writer’s Notebook (Due Wednesdays): Anthology Submission Due 1/22
More for the Writer’s Notebook