Click HERE for theUnit 9: Among the Hidden website.
Goals: Read a nonfiction article, respond with three annotations, take a comprehension quiz, and write a paragraph identifying the main idea and supporting it with textual evidence.
- All library books due May 25.
- iPad return June 4
- Digital Portfolio project due June 6
1) FINISH #066 Voice Actors Wanted! Assessment (DUE THURS 5/24)
Make your recording on Flipgrid. Download the Flipgrid app from self service. You will find the join code in Google Classroom Assignment #066.
VOICE ACTORS WANTED ASSESSMENT
VOICE ACTORS WANTED GRADING SCALE
Open the assignment in Google Classroom. You may change the Lexile level if it seems too hard or too easy.
- Annotate the article: As you read, select three passages to highlight. For your response, choose a “Track Your Thinking” prompt from the Thought Log (Click HERE). Include the cognitive strategy abbreviation.
- Write to the Newsela prompt. This is an assessment grade.
- Take the Quiz.
FINISHED EARLY? Read another article from the Among the Hidden text set (click HERE). Complete the same 3 steps as you did for the assignment above. Annotate with “Track Your Thinking” prompts. Note the cognitive strategies used. Write. Take the quiz. When you finish complete the I’m Finished form (top menu).
Homework: Charge iPad, Finish Voice Actors Assessment (Due Thurs., May 24)