Click HERE for Unit 7: Poetry Workshop HyperDoc
Learning Targets: Write at least two free verse poems. Use sensory details, similes, and metaphors.
- Absent Yesterday: Check the blog. Read. Complete your GV agenda. Complete Flocabulary: What Is Poetry?
- Finish Argument Draft (Late)
- Make-Up: Monitor & Discuss Assessment
- Flocabulary Poetry Quiz: Restudy and request a regrade (below 80% or below 3 on NEO).
- Quarter 3 Reading Ladder Reflection: Thursday–Complete Books I Finished column
Open Google Classroom and assignment #024 Golden 10: Weekly Work Chart.
Read the directions.
Spend 10 minutes on late work or “To do if I have time…”
Open #022 Poetry Workshop in Google Classroom.
Open the link to the Poetry Workshop HyperDoc.
Scroll to Create Free Verse Poems.
Watch the YouTube tutorial for How to Write a Free Verse Poem.
Write your own poem in your English Journal. Title the entry Weekly Pages 12: Free Verse Poetry.
When you finish, start the next style of Free Verse Poem on the HyperDoc. You need to finish at least two types.
3) Debrief & Exit Routine
Open the #027 Exit Ticket assignment in Google Classroom. Answer the question below:
ANALYZING CRAFT: Find the simile in the following lines. What is being compared?
“I wandered lonely as a cloud
That floats on high o’er vales and hills..”
– from “The Daffodils” by William Wordsworth
Homework: Read, Charge Your iPad, Weekly Pages 12: Free Verse Poetry