Click HERE for Unit 6: Take a Stand! Site
Learning Target: Give your speech with appropriate volume, pronunciation, and eye contact. Listen and take notes on your classmates’ topics and whether you agree or disagree.
- Absent Yesterday? Check the blog and make sure you are ready with your speech.
- Book Talks Monday
- Make-Up: Monitor & Discuss Assessment
- Regrade for Argument Speech: Make a video and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org I will post it on the home page of NEO.
- Google Classroom Done / Turn In: Only press done or Turn in if you are actually finished!
1) Read / Log / Book Talk
Read for 15 minutes.
Complete this week’s #BookLove Reading Log.
Participate in book talks by giving a book talk or by jotting down titles in your Next Reads list.
2) Give Speech / Listen to Classmates and Take Notes
On your notes, write each speaker’s name, topic, and check agree / disagree based on what you think about the claim.
Vote on the top three speakers. You will find the voting form in Google classroom. Justify your choices with three reasons. Keep in mind the following learning targets for a point 3.0 score:
The speaker will—
– Introduce a clear claim about a controversial issue.
– Acknowledge alternate or opposing claims.
– Organize reasons and evidence logically.
– Maintain a formal style, avoiding slang or texting language.
– Conclude with a final thought on the controversial issue.
– Use eye contact and adequate volume (speak loud enough for people to hear).
– Pronounce words clearly.
4) Exit Ticket
Homework: Read, Charge iPad, Practice Giving Your Speech / Late Argument Essays (Turn in to Google Classroom)