Goals: Read and annotate an opinion article from Newsela. Analyze the author’s craft.
- Book Talks Friday 2/2
- Missing Work (Mostly Good!): 1 Reading Log, 1 Would You Rather? (Weekly Pages 8), 2 Speeches, 1 English Journal
- Scoring for #Book Love Reading Log = You earn full credit if you provide evidence of reading 30 minutes daily (including weekends) and if you are prepared with your book on Mondays and Fridays.
- I’m Finish! Tab = If you complete a task from the “What to Do When I’m Done” list, fill out the I Finished Something form to receive credit.
- Loved The Outsiders? Click HERE for what to read next.
Open the starter in Google Classroom. Answer today’s question. When you are done, choose See previous responses to see your classmates’ answers.
2) Make-Up Would You Rather? Speeches
3) Two Truth and a Lie
Open the Unit 5: Reading Arguments HyperDoc. Read the Planning and Goal Setting task.
Read the task for Newsela Article #1. Your goal today is to read the article and respond to the annotations. This will require you to analyze the author’s craft.
4) What to Do When You Are Done
If you finish all of the Newsela annotations you may (choose one)—
- Press Open Activities in Newsela to write to the prompt and take the quiz.
- Choose an activity from the What To Do When You Are Done list on the right sidebar.