Goal: Learn the discipline-specific words to discuss films. Take notes on when and how filmmaking strategies are used in The Outsiders. Evaluate the effect of each strategy.
- Congratulations to those who completed the Reading Ladder Reflection! I am proud of you for completing your first semester of seventh grade.
- I am waiting for 12 people to complete the Reading Ladder Reflection
- I am waiting for 3 Close Reading Responses
- Absent Yesterday? Complete Reading Ladder Reflection (50 point assessment grade)
- Book Talk Signups for Monday! (Tim and ???)
1) Check Reading Ladder Qtr 2 AND Complete Reading Log for Week of 1/19
Open your #BookLove Reading Log and scroll to Quarter 2 Reading Ladder Reflection
Look for a ✔ – , ✔, or ✔+ and / or comments in red. Your overall grade is in NEO. Please see the NEO rubric for details.
Next, complete your reading log for this week.
2) Continue Comparing The Outsiders (Film vs. Book) Step Two
Open your own copy of the note taking Doc in Google Classroom or Drive. Read the directions for Part 2.
As we watch the film, take notes when you see a particular filmmaking strategy being used. You must have at least one entry each day, but you are encouraged to write more than one.
3) Exit Routine
Before you leave, complete the routine outlined below: