Goals: Read chapters 7 and 8. Complete at least 8 close reading responses. Read and respond to one Newsela nonfiction article.
- Still waiting for 4 students to publish the instruction guides to happiness. Meet with me today.
- If you are finished reading The Outsiders, be sure you have another book to read. Reading Logs are still turned in in Fridays.
- To work ahead on The Outsiders unit, visit the website: bit.ly/staygoldGV
Click HERE to see find the starter in Google Classroom. On the Google form, answer the following questions.
Can a criminal also be a hero? Why or why not? Give an example from The Outsiders and/or real life.
2) Outsiders Unit Website: bit.ly/staygoldGV
- Click the above link to explore the unit website for The Outsiders. What do you notice? What questions do you have?
- Add the site to the home screen of your iPad.
- On the bit.ly/staygoldGV website, click the Nonfiction tab.
- Follow the directions for accessing Newsela. You may use the Newsela app or a web browser (Safari or Chrome).
- NOTE: You can read articles on the app without WiFi access.
- You may read the articles in any order, as long as you finish all activities by January 18.
4) Workshop Time