Goals: Read Outsiders Ch. 6. Write 1 – 2 close reading responses. Practice adopting an alignment with people in a short video.
- Substitute Tomorrow: Read Outsiders and work on close reading responses. If you are finished with the book and all 15 responses, start on the Newsela assignments or No Red Ink.
- Apps to Download from Self Service: Google Chrome and Newsela
- Make sure all Docs in your English folder in Drive have “offline access”
Click HERE to answer the starter question in Google Classroom.
- Click HERE for how to get started with Newsela.
- Take a few minutes to log in and see the three assigned nonfiction articles. All three relate to The Outsiders. You can read them in any order. As you read, highlight and annotate with cognitive strategy responses. When you are done, write to the prompt and take the quiz.
- When you finish the three required articles, you can earn bonus points for reading other articles in the Outsiders Text Set. Click HERE and scroll to Go Beyond for directions.
3) Outsiders Ch. 6 & Close Reading Response
- Click HERE to open the assignment in Google Classroom.
- Click HERE to open the audiobook resources in Google Classroom. You may listen and read along OR simply read.
- Check the Find the Chapter chart to locate your place in the audiobook. If you are keeping up with the reading, you should be on Chapter 6 or beyond.
- Use the Cognitive Strategies Booklet (see below) to help you craft high-quality responses.
3) If You Finish Early Choose One of the Following Activities:
- Work on Close Reading Responses: You must have 15 by the time we finish the book.
- Finish Outsiders research. Click HERE for directions. If you already started this, you can find your Doc in Google Drive.
- No Red Ink (Capitalizing and Formatting Titles)
- Outsiders Nonfiction Assignments (on Newsela)