Goals: Read. Add one or two extended close reading responses. Analyze Hinton’s craft.
- Congratulations to those who finished the instruction guide to happiness. Check NEO to see the scoring guide with your grade. Comments are in Google Classroom and NEO. I have not finished grading them yet.
- Still waiting for 5 students to complete and publish the instruction guides to happiness. Meet with me today.
- No Weekly Pages while we read The Outsiders. Instead, each response should be at least paragraph length.
Copy this week’s assignments in your agenda. For the month view, click HERE.
2) How to Write a High-Quality Close Reading Response
- Click HERE to open the assignment in Google Classroom.
- Read the feedback on your responses from Ch. 1 to 3.
- Reread how to earn an A and look at the sample responses from The Hunger Games.
TEACHER EXAMPLE–DIRECTIONS AND HOW TO EARN AN A
HIGH QUALITY STUDENT EXAMPLE
- Scroll down to see the list of transitions and transitional expressions. Be sure to use at least one in each response. Highlight the transition so that I can find it easily.
3) Read Ch. 4 and Write 1 – 2 Close Reading Responses
- Click HERE to open the audiobook resources in Google Classroom. You may listen and read along OR simply read.
- Check the Find the Chapter chart to locate your place in the audiobook. If you are keeping up with the reading, you should be on Chapter 4 or beyond.
- Use the Cognitive Strategies Booklet (see below) to help you craft high-quality responses.
4) If You Finish Early Choose One of the Following Activities:
5) EXIT TICKET