Goals: Read. Participate in book talks. Respond to feedback on your instruction guide draft.
- We start a new unit tomorrow: Unit 4 The Outsiders
- On Finishing Unit 3 Explanatory Writing (Instruction Guide): Your completed draft was due Friday before break. Some students did not finish. This is now homework for you until you finish. After Wed. 11/29, late writing will earn partial credit.
- Meet in the library tomorrow. Bring the book(s) you checked out last time to renew or turn in. Bring your ID for a faster checkout.
2) Book Talks
As you listen, keep track of what you hear on your Next Reads list (in Notes). Sign up for a book talk (right sidebar).
Copy this week’s assignments in your agenda. For the month view, click HERE.
4) Revise from Feedback
- Click HERE to go to the How to Be Happy When… assignment in Google Classroom.
- Reread the steps on the Road Map. What do you still need to complete?
- Find the feedback to your draft (in Google Classroom). Reply back to what I wrote: Say thank you and explain what you plan to revise or complete. If you have a question, write it here.
- Open your own Instruction Guide (in Drive). If you want, open it in split screen so you can still see the feedback.
- You have the rest of class to revise, polish, and publish the guide. If you already published on Friday, there is no need to share your link again. Your revisions will automatically appear.
5) Exit Ticket: Socrative
Homework: Read 30 minutes daily. Charge iPad. Revise, Proofread, & Publish Instruction Guide (DUE Wed.). Bring Book(s)/ID to Library Tomorrow.