Goals: Draft your explanatory writing piece “How to Be Happy When…” Think of 3 ways to be happy and include evidence from sources to support your ideas.
- LATE / INCOMPLETE: Happiness Graphic Organizers –> Click HERE to open the assignment in Google Classroom. Let me know when you finish so you can receive partial credit.
- ABSENT YESTERDAY? Read the Explanatory Writing Road Map Prompt and Sample. Complete the Brainstorm.
- Please download the app Socrative from self service.
Click HERE to answer the starter question in Google Classroom.
2) Review Explanatory Writing Roadmap
- Click HERE to go to the Google Classroom assignment. Open the roadmap.
- Re-read the prompt and sample by Ms. Ferrer.
- Review the ideas from our class brainstorm. Click HERE for the complete list.
3) DRAFT in Weekly Pages #7 / English Journal
For Weekly Pages 7, draft your instruction guide to happiness. The slides below will show you how to format your Doc and get started writing.
MiniLesson: Adding Evidence with TAG
4) Debrief: Leave with Beautiful Words
- Go to the Socrative app OR b.socrative.com on Safari or Chrome.
- Type Room Name: ENG7RM402
- Enter your name: Last, First
- Answer the question:
"Leave with Beautiful Words": Write one sentence you are proud of from today's writing.
- If time remains, vote on your favorite.
Homework: Read. Charge Your iPad. Complete Weekly Pages 7 (Due Thursday).