Goals: Read. Track progress. Participate in book talks. Read and annotate an article about happiness. Take notes on the definitions of happiness.
– Sign up for book talks (on class blog)
– Class preparation = bring book, bring iPad, bring pen or pencil, r/w notebook stored here.
– Narrative grades: You are encouraged to revise and request a regrade.
– Absent yesterday? Download Destiny app and browse. Return / renew / checkout library books.
1) Read & Update #BookLove Reading Log (See teacher example linked HERE)
- Open your #BookLove Reading Log in Google Drive.
- Update the pages you read this week.
- If you finished a book, update the blue columns.
2) Book Talks: Kimberly & Isabella
- As you listen, keep track of what you hear on your Next Reads list (in Notes).
- Sign up for a book talk (right sidebar).
- Go to commonlit.org or click HERE.
- Press log in.
- Choose Google and sign in with school Google Account.
- Add Commonlit.org to your home screen–> In Safari, press the 3 dots. Choose share button (square with arrow). +Add to home screen.
- Click the assignment that is due today: “Study: High Incomes Don’t Bring You Happiness.”
- Read the directions at the top and get started!
NOTE: As you read, take notes on the different definitions of happiness that exist and how they are affected by money. Type the definitions on the “Happiness Graphic Organizer” assignment available in Google Classroom. We will use that organizer for the next two weeks to keep track of what we read.