Goals: Read. Listen to or participate in book talks. Analyze the author’s craft of a Motivational Monday video. Watch a video / listen to a song explaining sensory details.
- New seats Thursday: If you have a preference, send me a message via NEO or email.
- Check your NEO grades today for Quarter 1 grades. Grades from Quarter 1 continue in Quarter 2. The semester ends Jan. 19.
- Absent last week? Read the blog entries. Update your reading log, complete the Reading Ladder Reflection. Complete the Draft Your Narrative assignment from Google Classroom.
- Substitute tomorrow = PAT time Thursday
Reading & Writing Workshop
2) Book Talks: Erik, Isabella, Kimberly
If you hear something you like, jot it down in your My Next Reads list in Notes.
3) Agenda & Announcements
Copy this week’s assignments in to your agenda. You may also see the month view by clicking Assignment Calendar in the right sidebar.
4) Motivational Monday: A Pep Talk from Kid President to You
As you watch the video, use the cognitive strategy Analyzing Craft to choose a “golden line.”
Share your response with your elbow partner. Be prepared to share with the class.
- A special line or phrase for me is…
- This word/phrase stands out for me because…
- I like how the author uses ___ to show…
5) Log in to Flocabulary.com: Using Descriptive Language
- Go to flocabulary.com in Safari or Chrome.
- Press Log in and choose Google.
- Under Assignments, click Using Descriptive Language
- Use ear buds to listen to the video.
- Complete the assignment by Wed. 10/25
Homework: Read. Charge Your iPad. Bring Ear Buds.