Goal: Read a little bit of several books (three or four or five). Experiment. Try reading a book that is different than the kind you usually choose: It may be a new or unfamiliar genre. It may have characters who are different than you. It may take place in an unfamiliar setting.
- Bring your completed storyboard to class tomorrow.
- The book you checked out three weeks ago is due! Turn it in or renew it.
1) Library Read Around
- Spend a few moments looking over the books at your table.
- Choose one book. You are making a four or five minute commitment to trying it out.
- Skim the blurb on the back or inside the front cover.
- Read the beginning until you hear the signal to stop. The only sound we should hear is the sound of pages turning.
- If you like the book keep it. If not, put it back on the table.
- On the signal, stand up and move clockwise to a new table. If you liked your book, bring it with you.
2) Book Checkout & Read
- Browse for a new book.
- Renew or checkout a book (or two or three or four).
- Get cozy and start reading.
Homework: Finish Storyboard. Read 30 minutes daily (log completed tomorrow). Charge your iPad.